Monday, September 8, 2008

missing you...

As always i have read all your blogs the past couple of weeks and the same theme has prevailed – a sense of loss or more like a sense of new beginnings. Whether it be letting go of old habits, making room for a new family member or saying goodbye to a loved one.

That made me think of stages in one’s life. I think there is one route that is seen as the norm, that life would take:


Birth

Childhood

Adolescence

First love

Studying

Finding a job

Getting engaged

Getting married

Having children

Dedicating yourself to your family

Seeing your children leaving your nest

Attending your child’s wedding

Welcoming your grandchildren into the world

Growing old with the one you love


Now if we take the list above as the norm you can see that complications in life can spin you off in all kinds of directions. Maybe you never met that first love. Maybe you never got that perfect job. Maybe you never had the chance to marry and have kids. Maybe...

Everybody’s lives are different – mine definitely. I think i got lost on the way round about at adolescent level. See i have two groups of really really good friends. The one group are in the “getting married” phase, whilst the other group are at the “having children” phase.

Sometimes i feel that i don’t fit into that scenarios and that makes me quite lonely sometimes. But then i pick myself up again and try to create my own reality. Who knows what will happen around the next bend. Maybe i skip to the last step of simply growing old with the one you love. Whether it be a boyfriend, husband or a group of close friends.

So please spare a thought for those struggling up and down the list as i give thought to those well on their way down the list. You miss me, i miss you ... let’s get together and stick like glue...

Disclaimer: this is one of my crappiest posts as i don’t feel that inspired to write – so please bare with me J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Anch and something to think about. I used to feel left out of 'the mommy club' but now I am pregnant with my second baby. All things happen in good time and sometimes we aren't meant to follow that list too strictly anyway. Make the most of what you have now as in a heartbeat it can all change. Don't worry about where you are in the list as long as you are having fun!

Wendy said...

I think its one of your best posts ever as its from your heart. You know even though that list exists I dont think its for everybody. nothing is perfect and until we accept our life as it is we will be struggling agaist what is maent to be que sera sera as they say
xxx

Anonymous said...

Tried to comment on this post before. Got it all wrong but now hopefully got it right.
Heard what you are saying. To a certain point I disagree.
Birth...death..see them as brackets.
What you choose to put inside those brackets is up to you. Believe it or not, there is no formula!